These muffins from the fat free vegan site were terrific! My picky husband and son loved them and so did I! This is a winner!
click here for recipe
Tuesday, April 17, 2012
Monday, April 16, 2012
We made pizza tonight with the Nature's Hilights Brown Rice Pizza Crust. I had some Trade Joe's Pizza Sauce with no oil! and i threw some mushrooms and spinach on it. My husband made pizza last night with no oil with homemade crust and sauce and i had the same toppings and I have to say homemade was better but if you don't have the time or energy to make it from scratch this was pretty good.
Thursday, April 12, 2012
I got this recipe from Healthy Girl's Kitchen
Lemon Coconut Chia Seed Muffins
makes 12 muffins
adapted from this recipe from Peas and Thank You
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour or white whole wheat flour
3/4 cup barley flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup chia seeds
1/2 cup unsweetened almond or soy milk
1 1/2 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
2/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp coconut extract
1 Tbsp lemon zest (or zest of 1 small lemon)
Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
In a large bowl, place all dry ingredients and stir to combine well.
In a medium bowl, place all wet ingredients and whisk to combine well.
Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
Fill each well of a muffin tin that has been lined with cupcake liners 2/3 of the way full. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until slightly golden in color and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Friday, April 6, 2012
I had stir fry for lunch! I cut up squash, zucchini and mushrooms and threw it all in a big fry pan with some veggie broth, tamari and All-natural oriental seasoning. I made Success brown rice boil in bag-- 2 packs. when it was done it put it in the pan with the veggies and steamed a little while and I had my lunch with a nice tupperware of leftovers to warm up later!
Sunday, April 1, 2012
Makes 10 - 12 Balls
• 1/2 cup walnuts
• 1/2 cup pitted dates
• Scant 1/2 cup raw carob powder
• Scant 1/2 cup maple syrup
• 1/2 cup almond butter
• 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
• 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
• 1/2 cup whole almonds
• 2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
1. Place the walnuts in a food processor & process until coarsely ground. Add the dates & pulse until well combined with the nuts.
2. Add the carob powder, syrup, almond butter, vanilla extract & salt. Process until mixture is thick & smooth.
3. Add the almonds, pulse a few times until combined, but you want them to remain in crunchy chunks so do not over process.
4. Form into golf-size balls with your hands. Roll the balls in coconut.
Place in a sealed container in the freezer until hardened.